In honor of our clients who share their birthdays each month, OakWood is donating to a fantastic cause.
JULY - tomato soup
OakWood Fun Fact: Traci enjoys canning LOTS of fresh tomatoes from her garden so her family can enjoy them year around.
JUNE - fruit cups
OakWood Fun Fact: It’s not a family picnic at Julie’s house unless she makes her Heath Cool Whip fruit salad.
HEATH COOL WHIP SALAD
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple (don’t drain)
- 2 14 oz. cans mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 16 oz. cool whip
- 1 bag of heath toffee chips
- Mix pudding powder with can of pineapple.
- Stir in drained mandarin oranges.
- Stir in cool whip.
- Mix in 1/2 bag of heath chips and top with the rest.
MAY - boxes of macaroni and cheese
OakWood Fun Fact: When Mike first started in the financial industry, he ate boxed macaroni and cheese with sliced hot dogs fried in BBQ sauce to make ends meet.
APRIL - boxes of raisins
OakWood Fun Fact: Melissa not only spoils her children with her baking abilities, but also enjoys treating Sarah to her favorite oatmeal raisin cookies.
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
from the kitchen of Melissa McNaughton
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 2 lg. eggs
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 c. packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 3 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1 c. dried raisins
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk vanilla, milk and eggs. Set aside.
- In the bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and both sugars, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and gradually add milk mixture, beat well. Add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Remove bowl from the electric mixer and stir in the oats and raisins.
- Place dough in refrigerator until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Shape 2 tbsp. of dough into a ball, place on one of the prepared sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough, placing 3 in. apart. Press with the bottom of glass to flatten dough into 2 in. diameter rounds.
- Bake until golden brown but still soft in the center, 16-18 mins., rotating halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, transfer parchment to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temp. for up to 1 week.
Can substitute Craisins or Butterscotch Chips. Freeze well and great for shipping.